We are a fast developing IT Outsourcing company opearing in many countries. We are looking for talented Junior Data Centre engineers to join our engineer team.
We are recruiting in the following cities: Silicon Valley，Santa Clara, Ashburn, Los Angeles, Sterling, Tukwila.
The role is required to deliver duties ranging from alterations such as patching and fault finding to performing equipment and device refreshes including new installs, decommissions and moves.
The following is a list of the designated roles, responsibilities, key deliverables and expectations of Engineers that are deployed at each Data Centre.
Installation of equipment racks within technology rooms/
• Racking of Servers and other hardware equipment.
• Restack of equipment within existing technology rooms
• Decommission of equipment within technology rooms
• Removal of redundant infrastructure (empty cabinets, powered off devices) from the technology rooms
• Movement of equipment within site locations including stores
• Connection of network patching to servers and other equipment within racks
• Labelling of servers and other equipment
• Installation of power distribution units within equipment racks and other equipment
• Patching of equipment within cabinets
• Technology component swaps
• Technology room inspections
• Alarm investigation assistance
• Escort and supervision of activities within technology rooms i.e. 3rd party and other bank group activities.
• Work order review and assignment
• Housekeeping duties within technology rooms
• Carry out regular control assessments as part of the control self-assessment process.
• Goods-in management (Physical deliveries/returns and spreadsheet management of items)
• Occasional cable installations in accordance with DCO cabling/patching schedules
• Management of patching within equipment cabinet
• Labelling of cabling in accordance with DCO standards and requirements
• Recovery of unused circuits/patching, structured cabling and updating of any associated cable management inventory systems
• Cable tracing activities
• Updating/ Editing of records in various systems (training given)
• Documentation upkeep (required as part of BAU process)
• Return Material Authorization (RMA) administration duties
• Tracking of daily activities, task completion, and incident and project status tracking
• Relevant Experience and abilities
Adhere to all client processes and procedures.
Compliance with Health & Safety procedures
Compliance with Quality Standards
Maintain and protect data quality
Promote a positive and inclusive team ethos
Contribute to out of hours shift cover and weekend projects
Support other ExcelRedstone teams working on campus.
Attend team, client and vendor meetings where necessary.
Installations / Decommissions
A suitable candidate must have the following
• Must be fluent in both Mandarin and English
• Minimum of one years’ experience working in IT Data Centre environments
• Minimum of one years’ experience in structured cabling installations, fault-finding and testing with Fluke test equipment
• Good knowledge of structured cabling standards and cable types (FTP, UTP & Optical Fibre)
• Good MS Office Suite experience (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Self-starter, organized, detailed-oriented and ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
• Knowledge of asset management and ticketing systems
• Be reliable and on time.
• Be flexible to shift times and patterns.
• Have a Logical, methodical and accurate approach to tasks.