Rosemead Education Center was established in 1984, and has been providing quality preschool education and daycare services for 35 years.
Our philosophy is to provide the best structure and most effective learning environment that allow our students to explore and discover. We believe that this type of atmosphere gives children the opportunity to learn at their own developmental pace.
We are currently seeking a part-time Preschool Administrative Assistant/Teacher Substitute to join our team.
- The Administrative Assistant/Teacher Substitute oversees all duties related to the Main Office Of School
- The Administrative Assistant supports the Director and Assistant Director in all aspects of running the school within the company’s guidelines, policies and procedures
- The Administrative Assistant understands and complies with all guidelines set forth by the California Sate Department in relationship to Title 22.
- The Administrative Assistant supports staff, students and families as needed and where needed
- Assists Director and/or Assistant Director with all aspects of the school
- Acts as a point of contact for internal and external clients
- Greets the students and families upon arrival and dismissal
- Maintains the safety of the school during all arrival and dismissal times; maintain sign-in and sign-out logs
- Provide temporary substitution for teachers as needed
- Answers and returns phone calls
- Books appointments such as tours, special school activities etc.
- Maintains the Master Calendar and keeps all staff up to date with activities
- Writes and distributes emails memos, flyers, letters, invoices, forms etc
- Schedules, Coordinates and Executes Fire and Earthquake Drills
- Assists as needed with Tuition and Payroll. Invoicing
- Places orders for all supplies as needed
- Maintains snacks and kitchen supplies and create lists for ordering as needed.
- Maintains general cleaning supplies, toiletries etc. Create lists for ordering as needed
- Abides by all State Regulations regarding all aspects of the school
- Manages all State Licensing Forms & Requirements
- Manages all student’s files and keeps everything up to date and organized
- Provides support to visitors
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of office, kitchen, library, main bathroom, supply closet and roof access room
- Child Development Teacher permit or 12 Units in ECE with a goal to obtain a total of 18 Units in ECE
- Professional and has a desire to work and be a part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work tasks
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and approach to collaboration
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of all office equipment
- Discounted child care
- Paid vacation
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Health insurance reimbursement
Work hours: Part Time 8:30-2:30 PM or based on school needs.
Salary range: $13/hr to $17/hr